Liebert XD refrigerant-based cooling modules work as a system to support the hot aisle/cold aisle approach to high heat density data center cooling. The modules provide focused rack cooling, complementing room-based precision cooling, such as the Liebert DS floor mount system. Pumped refrigerant is ideal for use near electronic equipment, as it operates at low pressure in the piping circuit, and becomes a gas at room conditions.
Liebert XD data center cooling modules are available in configurations to match individual application requirements:
- Liebert XDV rack cooling module mounts vertically on or above the IT rack enclosure, requiring no floorspace. It draws hot air from inside the cabinet or from the hot aisle. It then cools the air and discharges it down to the cold aisle. It is available with Smart Module integrated control board, for increased module control and monitoring.
- Liebert XDO overhead cooling module mounts directly above the cold aisle, requiring no floorspace. It draws in hot air from the hot aisle, then discharges cool air into the cold aisle where the equipment air inlets are located. It is available with Smart Module integrated control board, for increased module control and monitoring.
- Liebert XDH row-based cooling module is placed directly in line with the rack enclosures, and requires very little floorspace. Air from the hot aisle is drawn in through the rear of the unit, cooled, and then discharged horizontally through the front of the unit into the cold aisle. It is available with Smart Module integrated control board, for increased module control and monitoring.
- Liebert XDC Coolant chiller unit available in an air cooled configuration with remote condenser. In conjunction with the Liebert XD Cooling Modules, the Liebert XDC system can cool more than 30kW per rack.
- Liebert XDR cooling module is designed to replace the back door of a server enclosure, providing cooling without increasing the rack footprint. The module uses the server fans within the protected rack to provide airflow, providing the most energy efficient design.
Features & Benefits
- High heat-density cooling modules
- Mount above, between or on racks
- Use pumped refrigerant technology
- Require little or no floorspace
- Cools more than 30 kW per rack.
- Requires little or no floor space.
- Complements Liebert precision cooling units.
- Allows adaptive and scalable expansion without interruption of cooling operations, with optional pre-charged flexible piping with threaded quick connect fitting.
- Provides models to suit data center needs, mounting on, above or between the racks.
- Provides an excellent solution for spot and zone cooling of high heat density equipment.
- Offers 60 Hz and 50 Hz models.
- Uses pumped refrigerant, which is ideal for use around electronic equipment.
- Ensures continuous operation of critical IT systems under extreme heat conditions.
- Includes coil, controls, fans and piping for a complete, packaged unit.
Lowest Total Cost Of Ownership
- Operates with high energy efficiency.
- Offers superior cooling cost per high heat density rack.
Ideally Suited For
- Supplemental sensible cooling for high heat density racks or zones